DIY Natural Milk Bath For Dry Itchy Skin
Milk baths have been a luxurious beauty treatment for centuries, dating back to ancient Egyptian and Cleopatra’s time. These indulgent soaks are known for their hydrating and nourishing properties, leaving the skin soft, supple, and glowing. While milk baths were once a privilege of the wealthy, today, they are accessible to everyone with just a few simple ingredients. You can find some good milk bath products out there, but you can just as easily customize your own.
Let’s explore the history and benefits of milk baths and learn how to make a DIY natural milk bath to create your own relaxing and rejuvenating experience at home!
What is a Milk Bath?
A milk bath is exactly what it sounds like—a bathtub filled with milk (usually whole milk) instead of water. Sometimes other ingredients are added to the mix as well, such as honey, oatmeal, or essential oils.
But at its most basic, a milk bath is simply milk and water.
What are the benefits of milk baths?
So what are the benefits of taking a milk bath? First and foremost, milk baths are a luxurious way to care for your skin and promote relaxation. Here are some of the potential benefits:
- Moisturizes the skin: Milk is a natural moisturizer that can help to hydrate and nourish the skin, leaving it feeling soft and smooth.
- Soothes irritated skin: Milk contains lactic acid, which has natural exfoliating properties that can help to soothe dry, itchy, or irritated skin.
- Improves skin tone and texture: The lactic acid in milk can also help to improve skin tone and texture by removing dead skin cells and promoting the growth of new, healthy cells.
- Reduces inflammation: The soothing properties of milk can help to reduce inflammation and redness, making it a great option for those with sensitive skin.
- Relieves stress: Taking a milk bath can be a relaxing and therapeutic experience that can help to relieve stress and promote feelings of calm and well-being.
- Milk baths are also thought to boost circulation and help with muscle aches and pains.
Overall, a milk bath can be a luxurious and rejuvenating way to care for your skin and promote relaxation and well-being.
Ready to jump on the milk bath bandwagon? Here’s how to get started:
DIY Natural milk bath recipe instructions
4 cups dry milk powder
2 cups baking soda
2 cups cornstarch
1 cup epsom salt
30 drops essential oils (optional), such as lavender
Mix the ingredients together in a large container.
Fill your tub with warm water and add in 1/2 cup of the milk bath powder. Then, soak in the tub for 20-30 minutes, allowing your skin to soak up all the benefits of the milk. When you’re finished, drain the tub and rinse off with warm water—no need to use soap. Just cocoon yourself in a cozy towel and enjoy the feeling of silky-smooth skin!
Have extra dry skin?
Add in 1-2 cups of ground oats to the mix to help support dry itchy skin.
There’s no doubt about it—milk baths are having a moment. And for good reason! These relaxing baths have numerous benefits for both the mind and body. So if you’re looking for a way to unwind, why not give one a try? I promise you won’t be disappointed.