Chia seeds have many great health benefits. They are loaded with nutrients, antioxidants, omega-3 fatty acids, fiber, and more. These little seeds have been used for hundreds of years, and the Aztecs and Mayans were known for taking advantage of their health benefits.
Chia seed drinks are a great way to easily incorporate chia seeds into your diet, stay hydrated, and to enjoy the benefits that chia offers. Store bought drinks can be very expensive! Instead, it is easy to make a variety of chia drinks right at home.
This post contains Amazon affiliate links.
What You Need
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup juice, tea, etc.
- 3 tablespoons chia seeds
- Mason jar with lid, or large cup with cover/lid
For this post, I used a 16 oz Mason jar, and lids for 16 oz wide mouth jars (I find these are easier to clean than regular metal lids)
1. Mix 1 cup water and 3 tablespoons chia seeds. It helps if the water is at least room temperature or warm.
2. Stir or shake the mixture, allowing the seeds to start absorbing the water. The chia seeds will start to clump up, and it is good to separate the seeds before allowing to sit.
3. Place the jar in the refrigerator to let sit overnight. The seeds will continue to swell up, and turn into a gel.
4. Mix the chia seed gel with 1 cup of the juice of your choice. You can stir or shake the mixture to get the seeds evenly distributed.